We’re pleased to announce that the Cornwall Sustainability Awards team will be at the Business Fair on the 18th April; you can find us on stands 19 & 26! The Business Fair, which is expected to attract over 2,000 visitors, will take place in Truro School’s Sir Ben Ainslie Sports […]
We hope that everyone enjoyed their night at the Cornwall Sustainability Awards, and that all of our winning & highly commended finalists are happy with their trophies and certificates. We received a large variety of applicants this year, and we were impressed by all of you. The winners & highly […]
Do you need a hand with your Cornwall Sustainability Awards application? The Cornwall Sustainability Awards and University of Exeter Business School will be holding a Circular Economy Summit. This will be held on the 27th September 2017 at the University of Exeter’s Penryn campus. There will be opportunities for […]
The environment forms the basis of our economy. This is particularly true for Cornwall as we depend on tourism, fishing, and farming. Unfortunately, Cornwall’s environment has been in decline for some time. As a result, just protecting what we have left is not enough, we need to reverse the decline […]
A Cornwall-based business has become the first design agency in the world to achieve the new .eco top level domain. As a result, Leap, also became one of the first organisations in the UK to qualify for the domain suffix. Businesses wanting to register the new .eco web domain suffix […]
On the 8th March 2017, the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Nature Partnership (CIoSLNP) hosted an event to celebrate environmental growth, and to look at both the challenges that we currently face, and that we could face in the future. The event hosted a wonderful wide-range of people, from a number […]
Cornwall is establishing itself at the forefront of environmental leadership, having become the first place in the country to launch an Environmental Growth Strategy in December 2016. Now everyone needs to work together to help deliver environmental growth; this will ensure Cornwall has a sustainable future, where environmental, social and economic […]
We launched the Cornwall Sustainability Awards 2017 at the Environmental Growth Challenge event on March 8th. You can view this years’ list of award categories here: This year, as well as accepting applications, we are also keen to receive your nominations for people or organisations that you think should apply! […]
Are you ready? The Cornwall Sustainability Awards 2017 Launch This year’s launch will be taking place on March 8th, at the Cornwall Environmental Growth Challenge event, which will be at the Eden Project. Click the link here to get your tickets to the Challenge event!
Agricultural machinery manufacturer, Teagle, was awarded overall winner at the Cornwall Sustainability Awards on Friday 2nd December 2016 at the ceremony held at Truro School. Other winners include: Best Managed Micro Business Chocolarder Ltd Chocolarder is a Bean to Bar chocolate company based in Cornwall. They work directly with […]
Continued success for our winners!
The awards have acted as a springboard for further success with many of out winners going on to win awards at a national level.
- Coastline Housing picks up a string of prestigious awards for their affodable, re-developed builds
- Henry Orchard and Son has been awarded the Bic Tick award by Business in the Community (BITC) in the Santander Responsible Small Company category at the National Awards for Excellence 2012
- TJ International gets awarded the British Print Industry Fedaration (BPIF) Seal of Excellence for a second time
- TJ International scoop British Print Industry Federation Seal of Excellence
- CSA winners St. Austell Brewery, MPG Books and Stralfors dominate at national Severnside Recycling Awards 2010
- Finisterre Clothing wins Observer Ethical Award in 2008 for their use of merino wool and recycled materials to make clothes
- Stralfors wins Environmental Company of the Year Award 2009
- Ecocats win Innovative Design award from the Royal Institution of Naval Architects (RINA) and Lloyd’s Register of Shipping, for the innovative design of the latest river patrol launches.
- Bedknobs B&B strikes Gold in Green Tourism Business Scheme