Meet the Sponsors for CSA 2018!
This year’s Cornwall Sustainability Awards are sponsored by a wide range of businesses and organisations, all of whom want to support CSA in its goal of finding the businesses, charities, communities, and individuals prioritising sustainability across Cornwall.
As a not for profit initiative, sponsorship is essential to the ongoing success of the awards, which do the important work of celebrating and accelerating sustainability and environmental growth initiatives. That makes each of our sponsors incredibly important to us and we’d like to shine a light on them!
Here are our 2018 sponsors, without whom the awards wouldn’t be possible:
- A Skips & Waste – A Skips & Waste Ltd was set up to be one of the most environmentally friendly skip hire company’s in the South West, with zero waste going to landfill. All waste is fully recycled and sent to the appropriate destinations for reuse.
- AONB – The Cornwall AONB is Cornwall’s Protected Landscape and has the same status and level of protection as a National Park. Since 2002, the Cornwall AONB has worked to conserve and enhance Cornwall’s protected landscape.
- Bosinver Farm Cottages – Bosinver is a farm that operates with sustainability in mind, with 20 cottages and homes for people to stay in. Bosinver is run by Pat and Dave Smith, who encourage and empower their guests to have a memorable holiday while keeping their environmental impact to a minimum.
- BRE NSC/ CNE – BRE National Solar Centre are an innovative group of researchers, scientists, engineers and technicians who share a common goal – to make the built environment better for all. BRE NSC generate new knowledge through independent research. This is used to create the products, standards and qualifications that help to ensure buildings, homes and communities are safe, efficient, productive, sustainable and enjoyable places to be. Their partnered project, Cornwall New Energy, is a dedicated business assist project that will support the shift towards a low carbon economy in all sectors across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- Business Cornwall – Business Cornwall is Cornwall’s only dedicated business news website and magazine. All the latest business news, information and advice found on one dedicated site.
- CIOSLEP – The Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) was launched in May 2011. Private sector-led, it is a partnership between the private and public sectors and is driving the economic strategy for the area, determining local priorities and undertaking activities to drive growth and the creation of local jobs.
- Dingle Brothers – The Dingle Brothers are Biggest Tractor and Machinery hire company in the South West of England. They also sell farm machinery parts and Computers & Farm software.
- Environment Agency – The Environment Agency (EA) protects and improves the environment and promotes sustainable development. It plays a central role in implementing the government’s environmental strategy in England. The Environment Agency also plays a lead role in managing flood risk and works to minimise the impact of flooding.
- Fifteen / Cornwall Food Foundation – Fifteen’s Head Chef Adam Banks works closely with local suppliers to purchase high quality, seasonal produce, and his “nose to tail” ethos minimises waste. All the profits from Fifteen Cornwall go to its registered charity, Cornwall Food Foundation which operates Jamie Oliver’s award-winning Apprentice Programme as well as other community food programmes run by the charity. The Cornwall Food Foundation inspires people in Cornwall through food and enables those in greatest need to achieve meaningful change. They do this through training, employment and better life opportunities, while adding real value to the local economy.
- Fluid Branding – Fluid Branding are an established and experienced promotional merchandise supplier, with offices across the UK, Ireland and Europe. Fluid Branding provide branded promotional products, creative and innovative ideas, or fully managed online merchandise solutions. Both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accredited, and with dedicated in-house account managers, artwork studio, systems development and product sourcing teams.
- Lantoom – Lantoom Quarry supply Cornish stone from their own quarries for all kinds of developments and projects. Most of their products are Cornish slate and Cornish granite stone.
- Nationwide Print – Nationwide Print are a media printing service based in Cornwall who have worked for a range of clients from Emporio Armani to St. Austell Brewery. They print a wide range of media such as posters, leaflets, and business cards. Nationwide Print publish the Cornwall Sustainability Awards’ wonderful (and sustainable!) booklet that celebrates the finalists at each year’s awards.
- St. Austell Brewery – Founded in 1851 by Cornishman Walter Hicks, today St. Austell Brewery remains 100% independent and family owned. St Austell Brewery operates a growing and diverse business, produces many of the region’s most popular beers for sale in pubs, bars and supermarkets in Cornwall, Devon, across the UK and also overseas. Their thriving estate of pubs, inns and hotels spans the South West ranging from Bristol in the east to the Isles of Scilly in the west.
- Samphire Club – The Samphire Club is a networking group that get together for canapes and conversations. Their Members – senior level individuals and corporate partners from the private sector – are encouraged to build relationships that may, over time, develop into business opportunities. Every Samphire Club event, from a working breakfast to a drinks party at sunset, follows a recipe of bringing shared values, interests, personalities and possibilities together in outstanding settings.
- University of Exeter Business School – The University of Exeter Business School has established itself as one of the UK’s leading institutions. They’ve achieved this by bringing together inspirational and internationally-respected business teachers from around the world in an environment that combines historical and intellectual heritage with modern facilities. The Business School works to ensure their students leave Exeter with all the skills and knowledge they need to build exciting and fulfilling careers.
Each of our sponsors join us at the awards ceremony on 30 November, joining our MC on stages to present each category winner with a bespoke trophy designed by Kurt Jackson.
There are a small number of categories available if you would like to sponsor one. There are many benefits to being a sponsor, in addition to knowing you’re supporting an important initiative. If you’re interested, email email@example.com to find out more!